Terms & Conditions
Shantanand Auditorium (hereafter “SA”) : Rental of Auditorium & Facilities
All public events and performances will be permissible at the SA with the subject to appropriate permits from the relevant government authorities. SA shall not be held liable for any infringement or non compliance of government regulations.
If no deposit is received, the booking will be deemed as ‘a soft booking status’.
• The balance payment must be paid in full at least fifteen (15) working days before the event. SA reserves the right to cancel the booking if full payment is not received fifteen (15) working days before the commencement of the event.
• Client may also select to make full payment in order to confirm and secure their booking.
• Confirmation of bookings will be upon receipt of the booking deposit, cheque clearance and issuance of an official receipt.
• We restrict the usage of SA to one event per booking
• All bookings are subject to the availability of SA.
Please provide detailed requirements of the following at least ten (10) days before the event.
• All stage, audio & lighting detailed requirements to be officially provided to the technical team
• Dates and timings of rehearsals, stage set-up, showtimes
• Any additional equipment or items
• Program itinerary, purpose & content details of the event
• Digital brochure of event to be uploaded to our website
Any facilities required outside the standard facilities will be quoted and charged.
SA will not be liable for any loss due to unforeseeable breakdowns of any equipment, electrical failure, or fire that may temporarily interfere with the smooth running or continuation of the event.
SA and its surroundings should be in a reasonable state of cleanliness after the event. A refundable cleaning deposit of RM500 is payable at least 15 working days before the event. Should there be no claims for cleaning services by SA the deposit will be refunded.
SA has a seating capacity of 600 pax. All fire escape routes including aisle, corridors, entrances and exits are to be cleared throughout the event.
• In compliance with the fire safety regulations, guests are not allowed to sit or stand along the aisle or steps as this will block the exits from the auditorium.
• No lighted open flame, smoking or vaping is allowed. SA shall not be held responsible for any non-compliance regulations and any unforeseen circumstances due to the client’s non-compliance of this regulation.
• Consumption of food or drink is prohibited in SA.
• Food can only be consumed in designated areas.
• Only the consumption of vegetarian food and non-alcoholic beverages is allowed on the
• External buffet style catering is not allowed. All food consumed within the premises has to be catered from Annalakshmi Restaurant.
Unless otherwise notified and agreed upon, no external parties are allowed to operate our equipment. Should the equipment breakdown or malfunction while external parties are handling them, the client shall pay for all repair or replacement costs incurred.
• Cheques to be made payable to Shantanand Auditorium
• Bank : CIMB
• Account No. : 8000853861
• All payments are subject to government taxes
If a confirmed booking is cancelled, the RM1,000 deposit paid shall be forfeited. Any additional payment made (over and above the deposit) will be refunded. If the notice is less than fifteen (15) working days, the entire amount (including the deposit)
paid will be forfeited.
In the event a confirmed booking has to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, all payments including the deposit paid shall be refunded to the Client.
Postponement of a confirmed rental booking is allowed ONCE at no penalty for up to ninety (90) days subject to venue availability.
The Client (including persons attending the Client’s function) shall be responsible for any damage (including accidental damage) done to the rented facility, furniture, fittings, equipment, etc. Any costs incurred by SA for repair or replacement of the damaged facility, furniture and equipment shall be borne by the Client.
The Client and guests participating in their event must vacate SA and the designated rooms / area at the stipulated time indicated. SA reserves the right to expel or refuse entry to any guest who creates a public nuisance or whose behaviour tarnishes the reputation of SA or who may be deemed detrimental to the safety of the guests.
Smoking and vaping is strictly prohibited within SA compound, including corridors and stairways. SA has the right to immediately evict offenders out of our premises.
SA will ensure the facilities are sanitised and meet the government guidelines on maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the premises. Clients are to fulfil and implement government agencies’ guidelines on Safe Measures. Clients are responsible to ensure that all the government guidelines are met and implemented. SA will not be liable for any penalties imposed for failure to comply with these safety measures and
The Client shall indemnify SA against all claims, suits, liabilities, damages, and expenses that may arise during and immediately following the Client’s events including, injury to persons, legal costs (full indemnity), all third party claims and all claims from any employee or agent of the Client.
SA reserves the right to amend any terms and conditions including pricing without prior notice.